Healthy immune response
Our immune response has two main systems
- Innate immunity, which is our primary defense mechanism and includes our skin, mucus membranes and body fluids.Our first line defenders include antimicrobial proteins and Natural Killer Cells
- Adaptive Immunity, Just in case pathogens get past our first line of defense our second line defenders step up. Adaptive immunity is extremely precise and may take days to weeks to develop, it also has a memory.
When you need support?
Sometimes we are diagnosed with an illness and aspects of that diagnosis or treatment plan may have been overlooked. This can cause barriers and limitations to full recovery, this is why Alison uses Functional Medicine Testing to really understand the cause of the condition and to get to know you on a cellular level. Finding barriers and removing them to support your healing.
Naturopathic philosophy foundation principle is that our body has its own self regulating mechanism. The role of the Naturopath is to facilitate and enhance the proper functioning of the immune system. Alison will help you determine the range of causes or cause for immune imbalance and work as a team with you to revive your health.
Alison’s scope in management for immune resilience may include:
- Physical Therapies like massage
- Nutritional Therapies may include immune stimulants like vitamin C or vitamin D, or dietary advice
- Herbal Medicine help modulate the immune system, or stimulate the immune system
- Detoxification, clearing the deck of potential toxins that may slow healing
Both herbal medicines and nutritional therapy work beautifully to support and restore your body’s immune system balance. Herbal medicines can be effective for:
- Head colds
- Sinus congestion and sinusitis
- Skin infections symptoms
- Parasite infections
- Slow healing wounds
- Gastrointestinal or tummy bugs
- Chronic conditions like Ross River Fever, Epstein Bar, Glandular fever and endometriosis
Autoimmune disease results from systemic inflammation creating an abnormal immune response where the body starts to self attack. 5% of Australians have an autoimmune condition, and are one of the most important chronic health issues globally.
Autoimmune conditions result from self attack causing tissue injury and organ damage, some drivers may include toxins, food allergens and infections to name a few. Common symptoms may include:
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Fatigue & malaise
- Rashes, hives or skin changes
- Joint and muscle pain
- Low or high blood pressure
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Sensitivity to temperature changes
Although there are no cures for autoimmune conditions people do enjoy long periods of remission. Alison will help you manage your health conditions at different stages of your health journey these supporting options may include:
- Monitoring and supporting education effectiveness
- Identifying the underlying cause, such as gut health
- Address the symptoms such as pain, weight gain or fatigue
- Measure and evaluate antibody markers
- Digestive system support looking at your history of bacterial infections, leaky gut or parasite infection.
Any diet and lifestyle changes are designed to fit your needs, done at your pace and within your budget so that you will learn how to support and manage your health long term, and revive.
Get in Touch!
Whatever your problem is, I am just a phone call away. Feel free to reach out to me. I will always be happy to help.
0481 447 619
6/48 Tamar Street, Ballina, NSW 2478
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Herbal Medicine
- Acute Consultations